Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I want a gaming librarian… « McMaster University Library

I want a gaming librarian… « McMaster University Library

I wonder how close I am to my "gaming librarian" degree? What will it take? Many more hours in WoW? (Gee... like I really need an excuse! "I'm working on a new degree, kids. Leave me alone.")

This is really an interesting tangent in the field... OT as some might think. But more and more there are thinkers who feel the game-like interface will improve learning on several different levels. (No pun intended.)

Thom Gillespie is teaching a gaming theory class: Interactive Storytelling and Game Design. "This course is about human-media interaction: interactive storytelling, computer game design and more. While many of the tools used in this class are technical this is not a technical course. The essence of this course is the most human of all, storytelling... Interactive digital storytelling is just the most recent upgrade so to speak."

No comments: